Code 1.1

Monday, September 17, 2012

"Faith, Without Works, Is Dead"

http://www.flickr.com/photos/epsos


Missing the Makati Feast for a week, felt like a month. The weekly Catholic prayer meeting has become so much a part of my and my son's life that the community seems more like an extended family for us. And it never fails that when I am at a low point, it is through the Feast where I hear God's message to me the loudest. 

A week ago, I blogged about being spiritually weak amid my
overwhelming financial problems and with increasing exasperation, went on with my usual tirade of asking God what else He wanted me to do when I've been faithful and obedient of His words. Then, by God's grace, words of comfort and assurances began pouring in and opportunities for additional income shortly thereafter. I was being impatient when God was already sending abundance my way!

Then last Sunday, at the Feast Glorietta, I received the ultimate answer to my perennial question to God of what else He expected me to do which Bro. Randy read out loud: 

But someone will say, “You have faith, and I have works.” Show me your faith without your works, and I will show you my faith by my works. You believe that there is one God. You do well. Even the demons believe—and tremble! But do you want to know, O foolish man, that faith without works is dead?
~ James 2:18-20 

Indeed I felt foolish for nagging God when my faith for Him which I have been boasting was not even admirable as I claimed it was. I praise Him but through mere words and with little action. Writing about my life experiences and spiritual journey may bless others but   "walking the talk" is a true test of faith and it was where I had been lacking. There was my answer: SERVICE! 

So now I am committed to live with the conscious intention of serving the Lord everyday of my life no matter how small or great the action would be. It's the least I could do to thank the Lord for the everyday blessings He showers my life with.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Chitika