Code 1.1

Thursday, September 13, 2012

It's Just Material

Image: Papers and Collected Material in the Library of Carl Linnaeus Found on flickrcc.net in affiliation with Art.com 


"It's just material!"

Whenever I feel anxiety overcoming me, thinking about the low point of where my life is right now, I'd say those words to myself. 


Yup, my pains and struggles are only materials for my story which God is currently writing; a story that He will use to show that He is bigger than any problem and that His Grace is enough.
"And after you have suffered a little while, the God of all grace, who has called you to his eternal glory in Christ, will himself restore, confirm, strengthen, and establish you."
~1 Peter 5:10 

This realization came to me while listening to Bro. Bo Sanchez's old talks which I've saved up as an mp3 in my Ipod. Every time I feel spiritually weak, I'd play Bro. Bo's talks and I'd feel nourished every single time. Bro. Bo's stories of triumphs all began with trials and strife:

- Bro. Bo started out as a penniless preacher
- Sylvester Stallone was an actor nobody wanted
- Manny Pacquiao came from a very poor, single-parent family
- Gary Valenciano has been a diabetic since he was 14


And many others who are now successful and whose stories filled with "material" they can now share to bless many others through hope and faith in the Lord. 


So when you feel drained and stressed-out, look around you, more importantly look within you. Isn't your life filled with "material" you overcame, eventually strengthened you, and can now look back on with certainty that these happened for a purpose, the Divine purpose which God has planned for you even before you were born?

Next time you find yourself neck-deep in problems, say this to yourself:
"It's just material for the great story my life is about to become!"



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Chitika