Code 1.1

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Wise Advice from my Son

Just turned 35 last Sunday, 11 April 2010 and my son asked me what was my birthday wish. Told him that my wish was to spend another 35 years of my life with him and hopefully soon with my better half.

Like most kids with single parents, Marti is hopeful that his Papa and I would eventually end up together. Since I've always been honest with my son I explained that that may not come true because his Papa got married a long time ago, even though  he insists that his Papa is also now single (have no idea what that really means). I explained further that his Mama is not getting any younger so I should settle down soon for him to have a complete family and the siblings he had always wanted.

What really touched me was Marti's advice on how I can get my wish. He said, "Mama, didn't you say when God closes the door, He opens a window? Maybe you need to close a door in your life so that God can open a window." Deep words for a 10-year old. Hmmmm, Marti really made me think hard about this stage in my life. So now I'm trying to find that "door" to close so that I could finally receive the "window" that God has planned for me and my son.

Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Chitika